Understanding and Applying the National Youth Settlement Framework: 1.5 Day Training
MyQ is hosting a training workshop in Queensland on the National Youth Settlement Framework (NYSF). The NYSF is the first of its kind in Australia and this is an exciting opportunity to learn more about how you can apply it in your organisation or role.
What is the NYSF?
Australia’s first evidence-based framework supporting good practice in youth settlement. A conceptual and practical resource, the NYSF is designed to enable services to respond more effectively to the needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds and support their active participation in Australian society.
What is the NYSF Training?
1.5 days of interactive professional development, exploring:
- How practitioners and policy-makers can incorporate the NYSF into their work, including using the NYSF Assessment Tools
- Factors contributing to good settlement outcomes for young people
- Good practice in facilitating active citizenship
All participants will receive copies of the NYSF, including additional resources and tools. This training is linked to a range of competencies in the VET sector Training Packages for Community Services and Health.
Who Should Attend?
Staff and volunteers from government and non-government organisations who:
- Are working in direct service delivery or policy and programming roles
- Seek to strengthen their knowledge and practice supporting young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in the settlement context
- Want to understand more about the NYSF and how to apply it in practice.
More Information on the National Youth Settlement Framework can be found here
Please note there is a limit of three people per organisation per training delivery.
Location: Gould Adams Community Centre, 558 Kingston Rd, Kingston QLD 4114
Date: March 2nd 2017 (9am - 4.30pm) and March 3rd 2017 (9am - 1pm)
Cost: $150 (including GST)
558-662 Kingston Rd
Kingston, Queensland 4131
Google map and directions